- NetRev Marketing
- InsightsSocial Media Marketing
Tips for Getting Started on Social Media
Most businesses are using social media to market their products and enhance customer relations. If you are one of the few who hasn’t been using this powerful tool, now is the best time to start. If you have been on social media sites but with less than desirable results, you can also benefit from the following social media tips gathered from the experts.
- Pick a good online brand name. Avoid using long and complex user names. Pick a simple name that your followers will easily remember. This means @netrevmarketing works better than @netrevmarketing2212.
- Create a smart and classy profile. It should include a description of who you are and why other users should follow you. Choose an avatar that shows your face. When creating a profile for an organization, use the official logo.
- Use curation and post scheduling services. Some of the most commonly used curation tools are Feedly and Flipboard which collect articles from blogs and websites. They made sharing easy by adding social share buttons to each articles. To make sure that you post tweets and updates regularly, use Buffer, probably the most well-known post scheduling app today. To find more shareable content check out National Public Radio and Reddit.
- Share valuable and interesting yet brief contents. Brevity is essential when posting to social media. People spend fewer than 15 seconds on a page. This means your posts should be short and interesting enough to keep your readers’ attention. Use graphics to engage more readers. Jamie Spencer of MakeAWebsiteHub.com created an infographic about the right photo dimensions for each of the top social media sites.
These are the basic steps to getting started with social media. Keep visiting our blog for more tips on rocking social media. Download our FREE Marketing reports here. If you are just getting started on Social Media and you do not know here to start, we offer a free consultation. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!